Resin Saturated Fiberglass Protects up to 1,200°F
Insultherm is an extremely high temperature resistant sleeve commonly used as thermal protection for wires, cables and hoses that are subjected to continuous and extreme high temperature environments, such as engine manifolds and exhaust systems. Insultherm is braided from fiberglass yarns and saturated with high temperature resins that improve the product's stability and minimize irritating fiberglass dusting during cutting and installation. The sleeving is tough and durable, maintaining its tight structure under extreme vibration, abrasion, mechanical stress and temperature variations. Insultherm is available in a wide range of diameters. It cuts cleanly with scissors and installs easily over a variety of applications to either deflect or retain heat in environments up to 1,200°F.
Insultherm fiberglass sleeving is available in Black and Silver. Black (BK) Silver (SV)
- Techflex makes every effort to ensure accuracy and completeness when describing the technical properties of our products.
- Customers are encouraged to test and evaluate the products for their own unique requirements.
- Physical Properties Monofilament Thickness (ASTM D-204)
- Flammability Rating VW-1
- Recommended Cutting Scissor
- Colors 2 Wall Thickness .031 - .061
- Tensile Strength - Yarn (ASTM D-2265) lbs.
- Abrasion Resistance High Specific Gravity 1.0 - 1.8
- Moisture Absorption % (ASTM D-570) .01
- Hard Vacuum Data (ASTM)